Tuesday 22 July 2008

Deja vu

Next week, I'm going back to my roots. Kinda.
Well, in truth, I'm going back to Rockingham for a fortnight.

For some reason unknown the powers that be have decided that it would be better for me to travel down to my former office and act as editor while my former boss is away than to leave it in the more than capable hands of the senior journalist who (apart from working there for six years) has been acting editor on numerous occasions.

Despite my tone, I'm not actually dreading - I'm kind of looking forward to it.

A couple of the people I worked with will have resigned or will be on leave when I'm down there, but on the whole, it is a fun office in which to work.

The news is always interesting, and the editorial team down there have actually had a bit of stability for the first time in a while.
And my old boss will be on leave, which means I won't have to deal with her.
And it's only for two weeks.

Have I convinced you yet?

5 comments:

shiny said...

It is an odd choice though. I wonder if she declined to do it?

Steve said...

Good move I say :-)

Jessica said...

Have fun back in your old stomping grounds. But it is a bit odd. I think all newspaper managment types are a bit stupid...

Dave said...

Good that life's looking up for you Dave. Well done!
Watch it Jessica. Isn't Dave in that category now?- Dave

Dave said...

haha not quite...