Monday 7 September 2009

Quentin Tarantino is a genius

I watched the much-lauded Inglourious Basterds last night and it was really, really awesome.
Tarantino is the master of taking an age to build up tension in a scene to a level at which it is palpable before having the whole scene climax in a brutally violent fashion.
I loved it - I loved Brad Pitt in it, I loved the masterful storytelling and I loved the way he didn't let the facts get in the way of telling a damn good story.

If you can stomach the short, sharp bouts of violence (which include close-up shots of Nazi soldiers getting scalped and a scene where a guy's head is literally bashed in with a baseball bat) I couldn't recommend this film more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You describe it so well Dave. I may have to go see it I think.

my name is kate said...

I love LOVED the first 3/4 (especially the opening scene and that bar scene with the cards... perfect) but weirdly enough found the end REALLY uncomfortable to watch (and not because of the violence). It's never boring though, I'll give you that.