Wednesday 2 September 2009

Fully sick

So after a three-day power holiday to Melbourne that started Friday, I have ensured the best possible start to my two weeks' leave by catching a cold.
Just to recap - finished work Thursday arvo, flew to Melbourne early Friday morning, had a cracking weekend, flew back home Sunday night, became really sick Monday morning.
I got a doctor's certificate so apparently I can make some of my annual leave sick leave instead but that doesn't change the fact that it' a hit way to start my fortnight off work :)

But I haven't let that stop me from enjoying my time off. I've been incredibly busy reading - I currently have three books on the go, and this is from someone who is loathe to read more than one book at a time. I've also been enjoying a new series on SBS called East West 101.

It's an Aussie cop drama set in Sydney but it's really well done and the first two episodes that I've watched have been simmering with a very real racial tension. It's on Tuesday nights at 8.30 I think and I'd highly recommend you check it out.

Other than that there's not much to report.
Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Me said...

I will have to give this show a watch, though I must admit that I'm addicted to TVS.

Dave said...

What is TVS?