Saturday 11 October 2008

The Flip Side

As I type this blog I'm sitting in the loungeroom of the lovely new house I moved into today.
Now don't get me wrong - I'm not here to gloat - but I just need to share with you guys how I'm feeling at the moment.
Right now, I'm not far off calling 2008 The Best Year Of My Life.
Unnecessary use of capitals, perhaps, but I really can't stress enough how happy I am right now.

In the last six months alone I have had a job promotion (in the process getting away from the office - and boss - that I moaned about quite regularly in this very forum), a pay raise, a wonderful new girlfriend and a new car.

I've also started to get on top of my finances - something I'd not been able to do my entire life before recently - and have moved out of the house I hated into one with one of my best friends.

It's sickening, I know, but life is seriously looking up.
And that makes me smile.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Well done. Glad you are enjoying your life Dave - Dave

my name is kate said...

vomit vomit vomit but congrats young grasshopper - very happy to hear it.

Anonymous said...

How ingrained the 'Tally Poppy Syndrome' is with us.

You are doing well with your career, life, love.

You don't need to feel bad about telling us. Enjoy away.

At least someone's life is starting to fall into place. well done!