Tuesday 28 October 2008

Did you know...

...that there is a condition - abbreviated to CIPA - that essentially means a person cannot feel pain or extreme temperatures?
Its full name is congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis. It is a condition involving the mutation of nerve cells which are responsible for transmitting signals of heat, pain and cold to the brains.
How do I know this, you might ask?
From Orhan's blog The Death of Retail Price. Sure, Kate and Observer caught on before me. I'm a bit of a newcomer, but that doesn't make his blog any less awesome.
Check it out.

2 comments:

Me said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out :)

CIPA is quite an amazing condition, as rare as it may be. To be honest with you I'd like to say I stumbled upon it while peering through medical journals but the fact of the matter is I saw it for the first time on an episode of House MD.

Dave said...

haha gotta love house