Tuesday 24 April 2007

1 Idiot vs 100

Last night, through no fault of my own, I watched Eddie McGuire's latest offering to the masses - the game show 1 vs 100.
Normally I am loathe to laugh at other people's misfortunes on game shows - let's be honest, they're easy targets and I'm sure if I were up there I'd do or say something stupid.
But this guy that came on last night took the cake.
This guy (who at first I thought was a dwarf but then realised he was just really short) rocked up onstage and was given the first question by Eddie.

Eddie: In which of these three countries to people drive on the right hand side of the road?
A) Australia B) UK or C) US
Idiot: Hmm, okay. Well I know in Australia we definitely drive on the left side, so we can take that one out.
E: Okay, how about the other two?
I: Yeah, I'm not too sure about them (I thought he was taking the piss but it turns out he wasn't) ... Well they've both got U's in them...

They've both got U's in them??? Well fucking done!!
And to top it all off, the guy goes for UK!!
Eddie basically saved him by telling him to think about it, so the guy goes for a lifeline!
Turns out 97 per cent of the audience think the answer is the US. Thankfully, he goes with them and gets the answer to the first question right.

My question is - what makes people think they are actually capable of going on a quiz show if they don't even know the answer to a question like that?? Aren't people who do those things meant to, you know, have a small amount of general knowledge behind them?
But I know what you're all thinking. Serves me right for allowing my brain cells to die off by watching an Eddie McGuire quiz show.

1 comment:

my name is kate said...

In all fairness that dude probably can't see over the steering wheel anyway so he's got no idea what's going on out there.