Wednesday 27 May 2009

By popular demand

Well, only one reader requested it actually but he was the onlyrespondent to the last post so I thought I'd better do as he said.
Yes, I've been a bit of a slack blogger lately. It took me a couple of weeks to get my shit together and actually sit down and write something, for no particular reason.
And, as is the case, having not touched this site for two weeks I've come back and written two posts in as many days.

I thought I'd just give you a quick update on where I'm at. I'm still not smoking. It's now been ten weeks since I gave up. Which is totally awesome, if I don't say so myself. I've got two more days left of the anti-smoking medication then I'm on my own, but I'm pretty confident that I've broken the habit this time around. Famous last words maybe but we'll see.

It's my birthday on Sunday, which is very exciting but what's more exciting is that fact that the soccer team I follow, Manchester United, is in the Champions League final in Rome tonight. This year has been an awesome one for United - they won the English Premier League and also won the Club World Cup. If they win tonight's match this means they are the best team in England, Europe and the world. Needless to say there will be festivities at our house until the early hours of the morning (the game starts at 3am).

And that's all I've got for the moment. Now that I'm back in the groove again I don't expect to leave it so long between posts. Again, famous last words...

2 comments:

Me said...

Happy birthday (in advance), Dave :)

Steve said...

Welcome back Dave... We all - well many of us - well ok 2 of us obviously missed you.

Happy Birthday for Sunday, incase I forget by then which is likely.

Go United.