Thursday 11 December 2008

Seasons Bleatings



It's that time of year again!
Every year, I fail to get swept up in the pre-Christmas hysteria. Usually it's not until a couple of weeks before Christmas that I actually click and think "it's Christmas!"
Usually it's one event that sets me off.
Today, I was standing out the front of my house waiting to be picked up and a bus went past that was driven by Father Christmas.
He turned, looked at me standing over the other side of the road and we waved at each other.
This set me off like a giddy little child.
I'm not embarrassed to say I get excited at these times of the year. Christmas, Big Day Out and, to a lesser extent, Easter make me feel like a little kid again.
I love it. Get excited people :)

3 comments:

my name is kate said...

Yeah even the prospect of working over Christmas doesn't diminish my excitement. Stupid and expensive, sure, but there's something about this time of year that makes me a little bit giggly - something more than the fact it's socially acceptable to be a bit toasted by, like, 11am on Dec 25 I mean.

Me said...

I share your excitment, boss :)

Dave said...

Yes, its a nice time of year - very special. Enjoy Dave. - Dave