Wednesday 10 December 2008

Bad bad bad

Now that I'm living in a house with cable television, I find myself searching for the best movies to record and watch at my convenience.
My search for the best movies, however, has seen me neglect my other favourite movie pasttime - watching really bad movies.
So it was purely by chance I happened upon a movie the other night called Renegade Justice. It was made in 2007. It stars Steven Seagal.

Now, I'm having trouble conveying just how bad this movie really was. I'm talking uber bad. I'm talking so bad I was genuinely laughing at the cheesiness and predictability of it all.

Here's the plot - Steven Seagal plays some sort of martial arts expert (of course) whose son, a policeman, is killed in an apprently random gang-related killing. So he goes into the heart of gangland, wherever that is, and kills everyone in his way.
My favourite scene, however, was when he was telling the token love interest about how much his son meant to him. All of a sudden, this a capella voice starts singing over the top of Seagal (think the final scene where Russell Crowe dies in Gladiator). The viewer is then subjected to a montage of black and white mocked up photographs of Steven Seagal with his son as a kid, a teenager then finally, as a young man.

It was soooo bad. So bad I loved it.

4 comments:

Dave said...

You enjoy watching stuff like that? Wow Dave! - Dave

Steve said...

Got to agree with you Dave, I watched it a few months ago and it had the same impression on me.

Dave said...

I only enjoy weg them in the sense that I'm able to predict what happens in each scene. :)

Me said...

And he doesn't afraid of nothing!